TESTFRAME is dead. This accelerates us some.

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Mon Oct 3 19:36:05 UTC 2016

I hope you are putting it on the back burner rather than totally giving up.

As I understand things, the recent problem for TESTFRAME was the overlap
between adjtimex and ntp_adjtime.

glib-2.23 says:
  @code{adjtimex} is functionally identical to @code{ntp_adjtime}.
So that shouldn't be a problem.

Somehow, we got started thinking that --disable-kernel-pll would fix the
adjtimex/ntp_adjtime problem.

That uncoverd a mess in the code.  It's the sort of thing you are usually
very good at cleaning up.

Grep for HAVE_KERNEL_PLL and HAVE_ADJTIMEX and HAVE_SYS_TIMEX_H

As far as I can tell, HAVE_KERNEL_PLL is misnamed.  Without
disable-kernel-pll, it's an alias for HAVE_SYS_TIMEX_H  If we assume POSIX
support for ntp_adjtime then sys/timex.h exists.