Python ntpq

Achim Gratz Stromeko at nexgo.de
Sat Nov 26 21:31:15 UTC 2016

Eric S. Raymond writes:
> We've tried to
> write the NTPsec Python this way, but the packet library is still
> under active development on a Python 2 system and that sometimes
> breaks Python 3 compatibility.  One of our guys, Matt Selsky, is
> working on catching it up and I expect fixes will land soon.

OK, but if it's finally version-agnostic the ntp sub-directory should
not be installed into a version-dependent tree.

> No can do.  You're going to have to live with using the --wide option.

How about giving this option a number argument?  Besides, the --help says:

   -w no  wide           enable wide display of addresses

Well, I'm not giving it the -w / --wide option and it still uses a wide
display for the peers.  It doesn't use wide display for the rv and cv
commands no matter the option.  So I'd think it's actually ignoring the
option at the moment.

> ...or maybe not.  Rather klugey fix pushed.  Complain if it needs
> futher work.

Thanks, will check tomorrow.

Regards,
Achim.