fuzzing NTPsec with afl

Dan Poirot dtpoirot at gmail.com
Tue Nov 22 02:55:04 UTC 2016

I have been using Synopsys Defensics with over 250,000 discrete
'generational' NTP Server and NTPv2, NTPv3, and NTPv4 Server Control tests
on NTPsec for some time now.

(NTPsec doesn't answer back as v0 or v1)

Hacking the Network Time Protocol to take the 'network' out is clever!

UDP, IP and Ethernet aren't changing in this domain. Fuzzing the Linux
TCP/IP stack is a waste of time.

- Dan Poirot, CISSP