We need a way to test the python stuff?

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Mon Nov 7 22:40:10 UTC 2016

Or several ways.

Step one is to run the local copy of ntpq (for example) using local
libraries.  The trick is to be sure that it is using the local libraries
rather than a previously installed library.

Step two is to test the installed code to be sure the libraries got installed
where it can find them and that it is using the new libraries rather than a
previously installed version.

Mostly, this is testing the waf recipe, but we need most of this in order to
be able to test new features in the pything code and/or new features in the
libraries before they get installed.

If nothing else, something like this should get added to the release
checklist.  (I think I'm assuming we would be willing to manually clean out
the installed libraries to verify they aren't getting used.  I don't want to
do that very often, but I'd be willing to do it occasionally as part of
getting ready for a release.)