Python ntpq lands - what to do next?

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Sun Nov 6 04:49:47 UTC 2016

esr at thyrsus.com said:
> OK, I've just modified the autorevision command in pylib to make and use a
> cache file.  The cache file location is declared as a target, which should
> mean it gets picked up by waf dist.

I think that's working with my hack and with a real tarball.  Thanks.

There is still a can of worms in this area.  If I do a git pull and build to
setup that cache, then do an edit but no commit, version.py doesn't show any
difference between the before/after than edit.

>> waf clean doesn't get pylib/ntp_control.py or pylib/ntp_magic.py or
>> pylib/version.py
> A minor bug.  What's special about those files is that they're generated
> into the pylib *source* directory by the normal build; waf doesn't try to
> clean that directory.

The c file from bison goes into xxx/host/ntpd/ntp_parser.tab.c
so waf knows how to work with source files that aren't in the source tree.
But I don't know if python can find them.