Python ntpq lands - what to do next?

Eric S. Raymond esr at thyrsus.com
Sun Nov 6 01:43:59 UTC 2016

> > Do you get correct behavior after an install to rootspace?
>
> [murray at glypnod play]$ ntpq -p
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/usr/local/bin/ntpq", line 17, in <module>
>     from ntp.packet import *
> ImportError: No module named ntp.packet
>
> >From the install step:
> + install /usr/local/lib/pylib/packet.pyc (from pylib/packet.pyc)
>
> no PYTHONPATH

Uh oh.  I think this may be a regression in waf 0.9.5.

The build production for the Python in pylib says:

    ctx(features='py', source=ctx.path.ant_glob('*.py'), install_from='.', install_path='${PYTHONDIR}/ntp')

But it seems to be ignoring that install_path argument.  I don't think that was
happening in 0.9.4.  I'll go talk to the maintainer.