Draft Stratum 1 Microserver HOWTO is up

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Sun May 29 14:28:06 UTC 2016

esr at thyrsus.com said:
> One of the HOWTO's premises is that you have zeroconf. If you're only going
> to use it on your LAN, not make it public, you can get away with giving a
> .local address in your other configs. I'll add a clarification.

I thought part of the goal was to get more pool servers.  That needs a fixed IP Address.

I thought you avoided needing zeroconf by requiring a display and kbd on the SBC.

If you are assuming zeroconf, I think that should be pointed out very early.

Are there any other assumptions that might not be obvious?