We need a release checklist

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Mon May 23 21:38:42 UTC 2016

kurt at roeckx.be said:
> There are also no releases on ftp://ftp.ntpsec.org/pub/releases/, 0.9.1 is
> the latest.

I'll make a file if people feed me ideas.  For things like this, I like
chunks of code that can be copy-pasted.

What other areas do we need checklists for?

-----------

Speaking of checklists...

I highly recommend Atul Gawande's Checklist Manifesto.
He's a surgeon.  It's the story of convincing hospitals and surgeons to use
an airplane style checklist in operating rooms.  I don't think there is much
that is directly applicable to computing, but it's great background for
thinking about how to avoid skipping steps.

He also writes for The New Yorker.  He has a couple of books out that are
collections of his articles.  If you want a sample, this is my favorite:
  The Bell Curve
  What happens when patients find out how good their doctors really are?
  http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2004/12/06/the-bell-curve