Accounts on my bastion host for test farm access

Dan Drown dan-ntp at drown.org
Mon May 23 21:06:19 UTC 2016

Quoting esr at thyrsus.com:
> Really good plans have happy consequences one didn't foresee. But also
> complicating ones.
>
> Mark encouraged me to work on the Microserver HOWTO as a recruitment
> device for future time-service experts and, implicitly, so I would
> learn more about how NTP works from the outside. Those were good
> reasons.
>
> Now it's growing another use that Mark may not have foreseen -
> benchmarking different ntp.conf setups and measuring comparative
> offsets and jitter. For these purposes, having several co-located
> machines with identical hardware/software configurations and the
> same Internet connectivity is ideal.
>
> However, this also creates an implicit bottleneck.  Hal wants me to
> set up a machine with both a HAT and a GR701W and use it to measure
> offsets. It's a an excellent idea, but I can't do it in any
> predictable amount of time - I'm working as hard as I can just keeping
> the project-related backlog in my mailbox from overwhelming me. More
> generally, Eric as the only person who can use the test farm is not
> going to scale well.
>
> Accordingly, I'll make logins on the thyrsus.com bastion host
> available to project developers.  The test farm is accessible from
> there. I'll make myself available to plug and unplug hardware
> on request.

I'd be interested in installing these bits:

https://github.com/ddrown/chrony-graph - graphs (I have a ntpd port of
this already, not yet published)
  - example output: https://dan.drown.org/rpi/latest/

https://github.com/ddrown/ntp-www - realtime status (also have an
unpublished ntpd port)
  - an example of this on a machine without a gps module is here:
https://clock.drown.org/

I've also been working on CEP50 measurements of various GPS modules.
That might be useful as well.
  - example graphs from that: https://dan.drown.org/gps/distance.png +
https://dan.drown.org/gps/cep50.png