Refclock cleanup

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Thu May 5 21:26:39 UTC 2016

gem at rellim.com said:
> gpsd can generate a huge amout of raw logging.  Seeing the subsystem you
> want take hacks like this:
> 	gpsd -nND 9 /dev/ttyS0 |& egrep '(PPS|NTP}'

I don't call that stuff "logging".  It's debugging cruft.

By logging, I mean stuff you can feed to gnuplot.  Things like how many
satellites are in view or the parameters from loopstats and friends.  It's a
compromise between saving everything and nothing.

> Which of course perturbs the PPS timing you are looking at.

Why would that perturb PPS?  Just do the printout after you have captured the
time stamp.