Version bump.

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Wed Mar 30 08:41:41 UTC 2016

dtpoirot at gmail.com said:
> Folks also use odd numbers for development branches and adding a dot release
> for new features.

I think we should seriously consider the odd-even aproach.  That solves most
of the ambiguity problem.  It uses the bottom bit of a numeric slot to
indicate firm vs fuzzy status rather than our schemes for adding a "+" or "-"
to the version string.

waf calls our version string MAJOR.MINOR.REV

I think we would use odd/even in two places, one for MINOR and again for REV.
 git tags would only have even numbers in both slots.  We would bump the REV
slot on an old release if we go back and patch it.