Monday checkin, please.

Joel Sherrill joel at rtems.org
Tue Mar 29 17:44:44 UTC 2016

On Mon, Mar 28, 2016 at 12:06 PM, Eric S. Raymond <esr at thyrsus.com> wrote:

> Mark Atwood <fallenpegasus at gmail.com>:
> > Chris, Hal, Eric, everyone else: what have you been hacking on, and what
> > ntpsec codebase puzzles are you thinking about?
>
> Follopwing our IRC conversation about I'm now switched about 75% to
> forward-porting fixes from Classic. None of these are very serious bugs.
> Am now caught up to early January on their timeline.
>
> Continuing also to run the usual auditing sweeps and keep an eye on
> the issues tracker. No drama there, and I mean to keep it that way.
>
> Hal has requested a git HOWTO for ntpsec developers.  I might do this, as
> it
> turns our the git introductions I can find with a search engine are all
> pitched at the wrong level, either first baby steps or thickets of theory.

The RTEMS git intro was developed as we transitioned from cvs to git.
It may be a good reference here.

https://devel.rtems.org/wiki/Developer/Git

Ignoring the need to bootstrap due to autotools after a clone, it has basic
things you need to do.

At least people don't ask git questions on our mailing list anymore.

FWIW I sent Amar instructions on the FACE Conformance Test Suite
a few weeks ago. Given that he is busy, I plan to put them in a ticket
until they can be looked into.

--joel