Monday checkin, please.

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Tue Mar 29 05:53:43 UTC 2016

fallenpegasus at gmail.com said:
> Chris, Hal, Eric, everyone else: what have you been hacking on, and what
> ntpsec codebase puzzles are you thinking about?

No code shipped recently.  The ^C fix for ntpq is the top of my list, but
that's lots of small changes scattered all over the place and hard to test
and it isn't seriously broke so I'm waiting until I get in the right mood.

esr at thyrsus.com said:
> Follopwing our IRC conversation about I'm now switched about 75% to
> forward-porting fixes from Classic. None of these are very serious bugs. Am
> now caught up to early January on their timeline.

Would you please take a look at any ntpq changes?

I think there has been a lot of work on it since the fork trying to fix the
^C bug.  If you are going to grab those changes, I'll procrastinate on fixing
it.

I have NetBSD running on a Raspberry Pi.  Our code builds, but ntpd dies with
an obscure error.  Same with NTP Classic.  Their version of NTP Classic
works.  They have a patch for the critical area, but I haven't tracked down
what/why.

I've been thinking about crypto/authentication.  More in another message.