What is a release?

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Fri Mar 18 22:25:43 UTC 2016

I think I have figured out part of the disconnect on some of the recent
discussion.

There are two types of releases.  I'll call them "big" and "little".  Does
anybody have suggestions for better terms?

A little release is no big deal.  Every two weeks would be fine.  It's just a
useful handle on the state of our repository.

When I hear the word "release", my immediate reaction is to think of a big
release.  That's something to be well tested, preferably by users rather than
just insiders, and something that we will support for a while.