NTPSec download links

Amar Takhar verm at darkbeer.org
Tue Mar 8 13:00:32 UTC 2016

On 2016-03-08 20:50 +0800, Sanjeev Gupta wrote:
> At www.ntpsec.org , could there be a link to the tarballs?  Or is this
> something to be done at 1.0 ?

We don't currently have tarballs however I did add support for a release mode
which will let us have real tarballs with pre-generated manpages and source.  It
works automatically when you do 'make dist'.  Make sure you build the source
w/manpages first.

If you could please test this out.  Build it, make a tarball then move
a2x/asciidoc/bison out of the way and see if the tarball builds.

To build it do:

  1. Build with asciidoc detected so it builds the manpages
  2. edit wscript and set NTPS_RELEASE to True
  3. # make dist

This will generate the tarball with pregenerated source.

You can then take this to any machine and build it as long as it has Python.  It
will even build without libevent however you will not get ntpdig.

Thank you!

Amar.