Mark Atwood, checking in, and requesting checkin
verm at darkbeer.org
Wed Mar 2 02:12:08 UTC 2016
On 2016-02-29 19:23 +0000, Mark Atwood wrote:
> - what is the status of the buildbot farm?:
> Â - what new targets have been added?
> Â - are we still all green for release?
> - what is the status of the start of the waf-replay branch?
> - what other things have you been working on this week?
Sorry for the delay, hunkering down and let my email get a little behind.
- Nearly ready to deploy the cross-compiled Builders. This required a major
change to how I did the config file originally.
- New target will be Ubuntu GCC 4.8 ARM gnuabihf
- Build runners are almost up (On RPIs). This will execute the binaries to make
sure they at least run and to test some commands. Written using pexpect
- Snapshotting will be up soon. If all targets pass a snapshot will be
generated with prebuilt Bison and manpages set to 'Release' mode. This
removes the asciidoc and Bison requirement for building.
- Furthered my work on having a 'clean' Buildbot config that I can put on a
public repository (soon!)
I have checked the cross compiling as much as I can it works in the few places
I've tested it. It's fairly robust I think the problem will be a documentation
one as people try 'traditional' ways of building (auto*).
Started preliminary work on rewinding the build system to work from the first
commit. Trying to get something a little nicer than just moving the whole thing
back. I want a build that is easier to manage as we make changes to it based on
the newly added commits. I also want all the commits to go through BuildBot,
cross compiling and run-tests to ensure they're OK.
More information about the devel