Kernel PPS processing

Gary E. Miller gem at rellim.com
Thu Jun 30 05:30:26 UTC 2016

Yo Hal!

On Wed, 29 Jun 2016 22:21:41 -0700
Hal Murray <hmurray at megapathdsl.net> wrote:

> > Local clock frequency offset, as opposed to local clock time
> > offset.
>
> Most NTP documentation calls that drift.  Its magnitude is not very
> interesting when discussing quality of time.  Changes over time can
> be interesting.  It's usually much more interesting to look at the
> clock offset.

Yes, but not all.  And certianly not the loopstats doc, which I cited.

It would be nice if the ntp doc where more consistent.

I agree it is not the most interesting parameter, but any time a small
change give almost a 20x improvement in any parameter I'm interested.

I'll need to wait a few days to to see how it all shakes out.