The new refclock directive is implemented and documented

Gary E. Miller gem at rellim.com
Mon Jun 27 06:49:06 UTC 2016

Yo Eric!

On Mon, 27 Jun 2016 00:21:45 -0400
"Eric S. Raymond" <esr at thyrsus.com> wrote:

> The new refclock directive is implemented and documented.

Cool.

> There will be a *limited* open period for bikeshedding about the
> driver names.

Since you opened the door...

> |shm        | T     | Shared Memory Driver
> |gpsd       | T     | GPSD NG client protocol

I think that leads to confusion since they both, at least for now,
come from gpsd.  And until the gpsd_json driver has sane, documented,
defaults, I fear that people will try it first with gpsd.

Maybe: gpsd_shm, and gpsd_json.  Or: shm and json.

There could be other gpsd variants in the future.