Test farm news

Gary E. Miller gem at rellim.com
Tue Jun 14 06:51:03 UTC 2016

Yo Eric!

On Mon, 13 Jun 2016 22:06:54 -0400
"Eric S. Raymond" <esr at thyrsus.com> wrote:

> Gary E. Miller <gem at rellim.com>:
> > Looks good to me.   By not having it on to start with you lost a lot
> > of data on how long it takes ntpd to converge.
>
> I can easily shut down and restart all ntpds - in fact I'll have to in
> order to get the new configs read.

You need to do more than shutdown ntpd to get back to pre-ntp initial
conditions.  For a real good test you need to set the system clock off
by maybe a minute, or an hour ,or maybe back to 1970.  Remove the drift
file.  Remove the battery from you GPS.  And probably restart Linux to
clera out any save drift.