microserver HOWTO timeservice patch

Eric S. Raymond esr at thyrsus.com
Wed Jun 8 00:09:06 UTC 2016

Gary E. Miller <gem at rellim.com>:
> I like to have gpsd start first.  That way when ntpd restarts it has
> a good local time handy.  If ntpd starts first, it will set the local
> clock using a remote, probably pool, server.  Then cntpd has to spend a
> whole day undoing the damage done to the PLL.

Patch applied.  Explanation added.

Gary, I live in the fond though possibly deluded hope that if I club
you upside the head with a tire iron enough times, you might actually
learn to DOCUMENT THESE ASSUMPTIONS WHERE PEOPLE CAN SEE THEM.

Sigh...

I'm going to go modify the GPSD Time Service HOWTO now.