Testing: IPv6

Gary E. Miller gem at rellim.com
Tue Jun 7 18:52:11 UTC 2016

Yo Hal!

On Tue, 07 Jun 2016 11:39:07 -0700
Hal Murray <hmurray at megapathdsl.net> wrote:

> There is a typical discussion/flame-war in NANOG about Netflix
> blocking HE's IPv6 tunnels.  That reminds me that we should be sure
> we are testing IPv6.

I do.  I've had an HE IPv6 free tunnel up since 2009.  It just works.

> Is anybody running a system without IPv4?

No need to turn off IPv4, IPv6 is preferred over IPv4 when both
are available.

> What sort of strange cases should we be testing?

Maybe play with the -4 and -6 options a bit.

I don't know why there is so much FUD on IPv6.  Once you understand
how IPv6 addresses break down into network and local parts the rest
of the basics are just like IPv4.

I suggest you get a free HE tunnel and join the monkey house.