Draft Stratum 1 Microserver HOWTO is up

Mike bellyacres at gmail.com
Mon Jun 6 20:57:04 UTC 2016

On 06/06/2016 04:33 PM, Eric S. Raymond wrote:
> Mike <bellyacres at gmail.com>:
>> Okay.  I still maintain ddimage is broken following the text.
> I guess I'm too close to the text to see it. What's the problem,
> exactly?

"It will do some safety checks, then generate unzip and ddcfldd commands
like the above."

^^^^

That sentence implies to me as a user reading the text that ddimage is
going to unzip the file then ddcfldd it to my device.

If I've unziped the img file all is well, if not, I get something like this.

root at pride-n-joy:/home/mike/Downloads# ./ddimage sdc
Checking /dev/sdc
/dev/sdc exists as a storage device.
/dev/sdc is not mounted
ls: cannot access *img: No such file or directory
Copying ...
dcfldd:: No such file or directory
Done
root at pride-n-joy:/home/mike/Downloads#

I get what is happening.  Will the target user?  It is explained in the
manual steps.  Then the above referenced sentence says ddimage will
handle it for me.

Also just saw this looking back again.

Your ddimage command execution should look like this:

# ddimage sdd

# ./ddimage sdd

Mike