My pre-1.0 wishlist

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Mon Jun 6 09:26:06 UTC 2016

esr at thyrsus.com said:
> The need for that kind of manual intervention seems like a crash landing to
> me. It suggesrs that there's no way to package up this hypothetical test
> suite so that users can run it after building the software.

I wasn't trying to solve that problem.

I started by assuming we had a stable test bed.  That obviously doesn't hold
if Joe Random pulls the sources, builds a system, and now wants to test it.

We might be able to come up with a description of what various graphs should
look like.  I suspect the big bad internet is too wild to make that practical
at the yes-no level.  We might be able to collect a bunch of examples so
people could do pattern matching.  I'm thinking of a paragraph or two for
each example to explain what's going on and what it means.