My pre-1.0 wishlist

Achim Gratz Stromeko at nexgo.de
Sun Jun 5 20:42:54 UTC 2016

Eric S. Raymond writes:
> Hmm.  Attempted fix pushed (really... :-))

Thanks, and it's working now for those few tests I did.

> Apologies for the minor breakage.  I had no experience of what correct
> ntpq behavior was suppposed to be like when I was removing autogen.

Well, I've just been reporting the differences I saw to the original
version.

Here's another one, most likely the build system: the new ntpq
identifies itself as

$ ntpq --version
ntpd 0.9.4-1b25ca1 Jun  5 2016 17:52:38

which is the version from the first full build today.  Waf only re-built
and installed the ntpq executable, but the version information seems to
come from someplace else.  A clean build doesn't take too long, but I'd
think there should be a way to display the correct version for
incremental builds.

Regards,
Achim.

DIY Stuff: