GR-701W hangs on Pi-3

Gary E. Miller gem at rellim.com
Fri Jun 3 20:54:27 UTC 2016

Yo Eric!

On Fri, 3 Jun 2016 16:50:07 -0400
"Eric S. Raymond" <esr at thyrsus.com> wrote:

> Achim Gratz <Stromeko at nexgo.de>:
> > > Now how can I avoid that?  The Pi has no off switch!
> >
> > Individually switchable outlets and/or USB ports.  Once you've used
> > them you will wonder why you ever thought it was a good idea to
> > pull and re-plug the cables.
>
> Don't have that gear.  Will look on the Anker website.

I have two of these 7 port USB 3.0:

http://www.amazon.com/HDE-SuperSpeed-Individual-Switches-Included/dp/B00L5IS9KE/ref=sr_1_1

The individual power switches are nice.  But, they only work on Linux
kernel 4.6 and up, somthing about a USB 3.1 chip inside.  Similar issues
reported on older windows.

Get a USB 2.0 port and save yourself the grief.