[gpsd-dev] GR-701W hangs on Pi-3

Frank Nicholas frank at nicholasfamilycentral.com
Fri Jun 3 18:23:19 UTC 2016

> On Jun 2, 2016, at 7:42 PM, Gary E. Miller <gem at rellim.com> wrote:
>
> Attached is a phot of the mess.  You can also see the heat sink I added
> to the CPU.

I put a couple of heatsinks on some of my Pi’s, (the one outside, etc.), but they’ve never been needed based on it’s internal temperature sensor.  This was with running Gentoo, compiling, active Pi camera & driving 2 x servos directly from the Pi GPIO pins...

You can get the core temp in Celsius by taking the value from `cat /sys/class/thermal/thermal_zone0/temp` and dividing by 1000.

The later firmwares/utilities added the “/opt/vc/bin/vcgencmd” for reading various SoC settings:
/opt/vc/bin/vcgencmd version
/opt/vc/bin/vcgencmd measure_temp
/opt/vc/bin/vcgencmd measure_volts core
/opt/vc/bin/vcgencmd measure_volts sdram_c
/opt/vc/bin/vcgencmd measure_volts sdram_i
/opt/vc/bin/vcgencmd measure_volts sdram_p