[gpsd-dev] GR-701W hangs on Pi-3

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Fri Jun 3 10:09:04 UTC 2016

> And what do you call a 'real' meter?

Something that is likely to be accurate.  It will cost more than $5.

I have a Fluke 112.  I got it because we had one at work and I liked it.
It's old enough that they don't make them any more.  I'm not sure what I
would get today.

> Any modern meter should have a really, really, small drop resistor. But, a
> good question.  I'll open up a few of my meters to check.

The size of the drop resistor gets scaled by the current range.  The question
is what is the lowest voltage the meter can read full scale.  Typical numbers
are 200 mV.