Test farm status

Eric S. Raymond esr at thyrsus.com
Thu Jun 2 12:53:51 UTC 2016

> esr at thyrsus.com said:
> > as I now judge the Uputronics board to be a better recommendation
>
> How did you decide that?
>
> Is the Adafruit HAT good enough?  What's the price difference delivered to
> the US?

Advantages:

1. No soldering.  The header plugs into a socket on the board.

2. u-blox 8 - best engine going, in my opinion.

3. Has an actual SMA antenna rather than uFL.

The Adafruit HAT is good enough - I think the MTK's weak-signal
sensitivity is somewhat inferior but maybe not notceable in a lot of
deployments. Price difference is about $8 - I think.  If the "Ex Tax"
is an export rather than domestic excise it's $40 more.