NTPsec has a new visualization tool - ntpviz

Eric S. Raymond esr at thyrsus.com
Sat Jul 23 01:26:06 UTC 2016

If you look in the new ntpstats subdirectory of the distribution, you'll
find a loadable Python module named ntpstats.py and a wrapper program that
uses it named ntpviz.

The class reads in a collection of NTP log files and performs  various useful
operations on it, including generating GNUPLOT code to make visualizations
of the statistics.  The website has documentation for ntpviz at

https://docs.ntpsec.org/latest/ntpviz.html

Most of the domain-specific knowledge and GNUPLOT templates are from
Dan Drown's chrony-graph package.  I wrapped Python around those and
gave it an interface that makes generating them programmatically easier.

It's not done yet.  I have two more basic plots and a method for
web-page generation to  to add from Dan's work.  Then I want to try
writing a comparative visualizer for multiple sites.

But it's mature enough that people can learn from it, play with it,
and maybe suggest improvements. Have fun!