Weirdest bug yet.

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Thu Jul 7 06:34:08 UTC 2016

No rawstats or protostats either.

esr at thyrsus.com said:
> It was adding "subtype" as an alias for "mode" in the lexical analyzer. This
> somehow confuses the crap out of the parser's FSM. ...

Remember the saveconfigandquit stuff you ripped out?  That would have caught
this.  (if we had used it)

How are we going to test the parser?

Can we replace ntp_config (and most of ntpd) with a skeleton that catches all
the call-outs and prints stuff?

Are there any other aliases in the grammer?

Ahh.  I see this in ntpd/keyword-gen.c
{ "subtype",            T_Mode,                 FOLLBY_TOKEN },

How about making a T_Subtype and adding it to ntpd/ntp_parser.y so that it
does the same thing?