Requesting code review on possible fix for nopeer/pool conflict

Daniel Franke dfoxfranke at gmail.com
Tue Jul 5 21:25:13 UTC 2016

On 7/5/16, Hal Murray <hmurray at megapathdsl.net> wrote:
> Please don't push any big changes until Eric and/or I get the polling tangle
> fixed.

I'm doing my work in a branch for the time being, so we can merge
later. Anyway, I've completely rewritten the receive() and
process_packet() functions but haven't touched anything else in
ntp_proto. In particular, I haven't touched poll_update().

What exactly is the "polling tangle" you're referring to? I talked to
Eric about this earlier today, and he mentioned something about the
polling interval drifting to 1024 seconds on a consistently reachable
server. But AFAIK, nothing has changed and that's always been exactly
the intended behavior, as set by the "NTP_MAXDPOLL" constant.