Kernel PPS processing

Achim Gratz Stromeko at NexGo.DE
Mon Jul 4 08:43:40 UTC 2016

Gary E. Miller <gem <at> rellim.com> writes:
> > The BCM SoC actually is a media processor with an ARM subsystem and
> > not the other way around as typically found elsewhere.  The timestamp
> > counter and all I/O is provided by the VC4.
>
> Got a citation for that?

[MIND THE LINEBREAKS]
https://www.raspberrypi.org/documentation/
hardware/raspberrypi/bcm2835/BCM2835-ARM-Peripherals.pdf

https://www.raspberrypi.org/documentation/
hardware/raspberrypi/bcm2836/QA7_rev3.4.pdf

http://www.broadcom.com/docs/support/
videocore/VideoCoreIV-AG100-R.pdf

There seems to be nothing up yet for the BCM2837 (Pi3), but it's basically
just replacing the A7 cluster in the BCM2836 with an A8 cluster.

Regards,
Achim.