planning ntpsec 0.9.1 release at about 7pm PST tonight

Eric S. Raymond esr at thyrsus.com
Tue Jan 26 03:26:57 UTC 2016

Mark Atwood <fallenpegasus at gmail.com>:
> I leave it to each of your judgement and coordination, Eric and Hal.  I am
> not technically qualified to assign them.  :)

OK, I'll take that as "both", then.  Hal, would you look over the
Classic fixes for the stuff on the list (2845 2882 2772 2948 2939 2935
2937 2814 2829 2887 2958 2962) and pick five or six you think
you can do easily?  Then I'll triage the rest and post a non-overlapping
list.  Any hard ones we can defer to a second pass

(Now I'm trying to think forward to expanding our developer pool.)

Mark, if we've got any n00bs you want to start training, I think
almost all of these fix transplants are in the not-hard category.  The
main difference is that a n00b would do this sort of thing more slowly
and with effort, as opposed to blowing through it as rapidly as Hal or
myself.  But since none of these are super-urgent and they're
bite-sized tasks, that's an opportunity.

Susan, do you have any New Guard people you think might be ready to write
C systems code in ... hm, not the deep end, but not the kiddie pool either. :-)