proposed policy change, new contributors use gitlab merge requests, not direct pushes

Sanjeev Gupta ghane0 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 20 03:21:09 UTC 2016

On Wed, Jan 20, 2016 at 10:48 AM, Mark Atwood <fallenpegasus at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Sanjeev, you have developer push access to www.
>
> You actually review and merge other contributors merge requests.

Apologies for the trivia.  I am cc:ing devel for help.

I was working on my own branches in my fork, and sending PR to www/master.

Mark informs me that I have been granted push access to www at GitLab.  In
the new scenario, I can create a *branch* locally (I delete my fork), and
push upstream to www/ .  I can see the new branch there, and can create a
PR, but I cannot actually merge it.

I think the reason is that www/master is "protected", so only Masters, not
Developers, can change into it.  Is this correct?

(If someone has a better workflow, I would appreciate it.  My contributions
will be low-hanging fruit, build testing, documentation, etc, only, no real
code).

Thanks,
--
Sanjeev Gupta