Cross-compiling update.

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Fri Jan 15 03:04:17 UTC 2016

verm at darkbeer.org said:
> This is more work than I was expecting I was nearly done but (re)discovered
> that  keyword-gen uses libntp!

Will it simplify things if I fix that?

> I also discovered one quirk by accident when compiling for ARM:
>   37:#error libntp supplied mktime()/timegm() do not support 64-bit time_t
> I wonder how often users will hit that?

How did you generate that error?

Do we really need our copy of mktime and timegm?  Is that one more piece of
cruft we can get rid of?

grep says that timegm isn't used.

My Linux man page says:
   Feature Test Macro Requirements for glibc (see feature_test_macros(7)):
       asctime_r(), ctime_r(), gmtime_r(), localtime_r():
              _POSIX_C_SOURCE >= 1 || _XOPEN_SOURCE || _BSD_SOURCE ||
              _SVID_SOURCE || _POSIX_SOURCE

I think that means if we are assuming POSIX, gmtime will be there.