NTPsec on OpenSwitch

Srivatsan, Srinivasan srinivasan.srivatsan at hpe.com
Tue Jan 12 19:15:33 UTC 2016

Hal,

I was able to compile/build/install ntpsec locally on my ubuntu vm. But when I try and configure ntpsec using a yocto environment which uses ntpsec.bb recipe am unable to do so. For this I have detailed how and where it has failed, below is the snippet of the conversation for that. Only when we have this ‘waf configure’ step corrected, we’ll be able to use ntpsec with the yocto environment which openswitch uses. That’s where I need help from NTPsec-devel.

Snippet from previous conversation:
One major issue I see when enabling the NTPsec recipe with my build process is when doing the “waf configure” step it fails. I see it internally calls a configuration script to check the compiler. For checking the compiler it generates a C file, compiles it and tries to execute to find get a specific value from the executable. Currently I see it fail at the last step, because it fails to execute the generated executable with “No such file or directory”. I’ve posted the build/config.log file and ldd,readelf,objdump for the testbuild/testprog which is created in this process. Could you please provide pointers on how to fix this. Link to paste bin: http://pastebin.com/raw/AJBMpqsb

Recipe file is located at: https://review.openswitch.net/#/c/2991/

Regards
Srinivasan