Building HTML documentation

Sanjeev Gupta ghane0 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 9 06:03:45 UTC 2016

On Sat, Jan 9, 2016 at 1:25 PM, Hal Murray <hmurray at megapathdsl.net> wrote:

> ghane0 at gmail.com said:
> > waf build man pages, but how do I build HTML documentation (using the
> build
> > system)?
>
> waf configure --enable-doc (or --enable-doc-only)

The --enable-doc option to waf configure seems a no-op.  See
http://pastebin.com/rVf3RX6S

> waf configure --help will show you the options.

Ack.  The man pages get built (I can see asciidoc being called), but not
HTML.

Might be relevant, but I see temp files left in the build directory. Eg,

sanjeev at X201wily:~/SRC/ntpsec$ ls -l build/ntptrace/
total 12
-rwxr-xr-x 1 sanjeev sanjeev 3313 Jan  9 12:41 ntptrace
-rw-rw-r-- 1 sanjeev sanjeev 3406 Jan  9 12:41 ntptrace.1
-rw-rw-r-- 1 sanjeev sanjeev  334 Jan  9 12:41 ntptrace-man.txt.man-tmp

I am on a Ubuntu 16.04-dev.  I have some experience with asciidoc, mostly
when I think LaTex is overkill for a small document, and with the gpsd
project.

--
Sanjeev Gupta
+65 98551208     http://www.linkedin.com/in/ghane