autorevision broken on tarballs

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Fri Dec 30 00:59:22 UTC 2016

More info on this quirk...

The problem is that this line from ntpd/version.h doesn't compile because
True isn't defined.
> const int VCS_WC_MODIFIED     = True;

We call autorevision.sh twice.  They make slightly different versions of the cache file.  The python version has True.  The c/header version has 1

I don't know if autorevision expects a single cache file to work for all types of output.

We can fix our problem by using separate cache files.

There is an additional minor bug in this area.  ntpd/version.h is built with -t c rather than -t h
That makes lines with const int rather than #define