ntpmon crashes on timeout

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Thu Dec 15 04:20:26 UTC 2016

>> I don't remember any troubles from peers on ntpq.
> Wait, are you having peers troubles with npmon?  That's new.

I don't remember any troubles from peers from ntpq.

ntpmon bails without telling me which section it was working on.  All it says
is:
***Request timed out
so I don't know if that's peers or mru.

mru appears to hang when ntpq is pointed at a server with lots of clients.
That hints that the timed-out comes from peers.  But only hints.

Thanks for the fix to ControlSession.

--------

I just got a new error from ntpmon:
[murray at hgm ~]$ ntpmon second
***Select call failed
That happens when I maximize a window while ntpmon is running.

I think I got another one from a ^C during startup.