ntpmon now has some keystroke commands

Gary E. Miller gem at rellim.com
Tue Dec 13 18:38:30 UTC 2016

Yo Eric!

On Tue, 13 Dec 2016 11:00:37 -0500 (EST)
esr at thyrsus.com (Eric S. Raymond) wrote:

> keystroke commands.

Way cool.  Thanks!

> a:: Change peer display to apeers mode, showing association IDs.
> o:: Change peer display to opeers mode, showing destination address.
> p:: Change peer display to default mode, showing refid

Some of the other commands are toggles.  It would be nice if these were
a three way toggle.  I like to just stab one key over and over and see the
data differentlly.  Not sure how that would work.  Maybe a toggles with
p and o toggles with p?  Or get rid of a  and o, keep p, and have p toggle
though all three?

Also, +1 to Mark's suggestion of h and ? for help.

Ditto for help, version on the command line:

spidey ntpsec # ntpmon -?
ntpq: standard-mode lookup of -? failed, Name or service not known
ntpq: ndp lookup failed, Servname not supported for ai_socktype
***No host open

spidey ntpsec # ntpmon -V
ntpq: standard-mode lookup of -V failed, Name or service not known
ntpq: ndp lookup failed, Servname not supported for ai_socktype
***No host open

> I've abolished the command-line options that these make redundant.

Hmm, you may want to reconsider that.  I was instead expecting you to keep
those and add a 'one-shot' mode sort of like ntpq.  But not a big deal...