Comments about ntpviz

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Wed Aug 31 07:38:58 UTC 2016

> I'm noty sure how this appies to ntpviz???

I was trying to describe what I'm doing currently and what I like and don't
like about it.

The current ntpviz makes a bunch of graphs as files and puts a web page
wrapper around it.  I'd like to avoid that and put the output of gnuplot
directly on the screen.  Currently, I'm doing that with gnuplot's pause.
That only goes forward.  I'd like to go backwards.  (That's what I meant by
backup.  Maybe I should have said back up or go back a few graphs.)

I'd also like a bunch of knobs so I can tweak the graph I'm looking at.  Most
likely zoom in or out.

I assume all that would be reasonably simple after I knew how to do it, but
it hasn't gotten to the top of my list yet.

> Since the graphs are every 30 mins or hour, I'm not sure what you are trying
> for?

I'm not interested in automatically making graphs for somebody else to look
at.  I'm only interested in "now", when I want to look at things.

A frequent thing that happens is that I see something interesting on a graph
and then want to look more carefully at a graph I was looking at a few
seconds ago.