Stratum one autonomy and assumptions about GPS

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Wed Aug 31 03:41:30 UTC 2016

gem at rellim.com said:
>> Most CPU chips include a temperature sensor.
> Which I have found does not correlate with any of my NTP data.

I have a Raspberry Pi sitting on a window sill.  It gets a couple of hours of
late afternoon sun.  There is a big temperature spike.  Drift roughly follows
it.

I wouldn't call it great, but if you were interested in understanding this
area, it's enough to strongly suggest getting a temperature probe on the
crystal.