Big picture

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Sun Aug 21 23:17:33 UTC 2016

Look ahead a year or two.  Assume the NTPWG has agreed upon a good crypto
layer and that we are happy with our code.  What happens next?

Somebody is going to need to deploy enough well run NTP servers.

My straw man is that it will be roughly parallel to DNS.  We will need a
diverse collection of stratum 1 servers parallel to the DNS root servers.
Then ISPs will have to run servers for their clients similar to the way
many/most of them run caching DNS servers.

Are any of the people you talk to thinking about that area?