Possible abuse from fetching the leap second file

Kurt Roeckx kurt at roeckx.be
Mon Aug 15 15:44:36 UTC 2016

On Mon, Aug 15, 2016 at 11:14:10AM -0400, Eric S. Raymond wrote:
> Mark Atwood <fallenpegasus at gmail.com>:
> > Let's do that!  Hal, others, do you happen to have copies of all the past
> > leap files, so we can synthesize a git history for it?
>
> We don't need all the past leap files. The data is only ever modified by
> appending a line.

There is also at least a timestamp until when it's valid updated.
It also contains a hash sum.  They have actually changed the text
over the years.

You can at least get a short history at:
https://github.com/eggert/tz/commits/master/leap-seconds.list

If you want to contact the NIST people, there is actually a
contact address in the file.

Kurt