Why did you remove that "unnecessary" link?

Eric S. Raymond esr at thyrsus.com
Sun Aug 14 18:22:16 UTC 2016

> Can you add a test that will catch it?

Yes, maybe a pretty trivial one.  But we don't really have the larger
check framework for it to live inside yet; that gets into some waf issues
rgat I need to chase down in my copious free time.

> That opens up the whole mess of testing with local libraries vs installed
> libraries.  I remember lots of "fun" in that area for gpsd.

You misspelled "I'd rather have root canal than go through that
again."  Yeesh...  On NTPsec, I'm planning to stay strictly away from
building shared libraries and Python extensions written in C for that
exact reason.  They were a fun stunt in GPSD but not worth the
downstream complexity cost.