Need modification to waf build recipe

Amar Takhar verm at darkbeer.org
Thu Aug 11 12:46:46 UTC 2016

On 2016-08-11 08:11 -0400, Eric S. Raymond wrote:
> This is a heads-up to Amar.
>
> As part of the effort to rewrite ntpq in Python, I have renamed the old
> pylib/ directory to wafhelpers/ and created a new pylib/ that contains
> an installable Python module.  (The rename is to maintain parallelism
> with perllib).

wafhelpers is a terrible name since they aren't helpers it's the entire build.
Please call it 'wafbuild'.  Some projects do use it as re-usable modules but
that is not how ours is written.

> On install, I need the build recipe to copy this module directory to
> rootspace where Python programs can import it under the name 'ntp'.  I
> looked in the waf book to try to do this myself but have not found a
> recipe.

There is built-in support in waf to do this It's been a long time since I uhsed
it I will take a look.

> Eventually this will replace perllib as we translate all the old
> Perl scripts to Python.

Great!

Amar.