Removing the worst cruft

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Mon Aug 1 00:13:23 UTC 2016

> Can the palisade/trimble driver be replaced with a parse driver?

I doubt it, but I'm far from familiar with the parse driver.

Based on Eric's previous comments, the parse driver handles devices that
provide the time in an easy to parse format.  TSIP might fit that if all goes
well.

But there are many variations of TSIP.  One covers reversing the normal PPS
operation.  Instead of needing kernel support to time stamp the PPS pulse,
you send it a pulse by flapping one of the modem control signals and it tells
you the time that happened.

My vote would be to not rock that boat.  There are more important things to
work on.