on the NTP security issues and fixes

Mark Atwood fallenpegasus at gmail.com
Thu Apr 28 20:43:46 UTC 2016

Folks,

Late Tuesday night, NTP.org made a release containing 11 security fixes.
Some of these vulnerabilities were also reported to the NTPsec project, and
we planned for a coordinated release and disclosure. Unfortunately, several
others caught us by surprise, and this surprise comes at an inconvenient
time because most of the team is about to get on a plane for our FTF
meeting in Detroit. In spite of this, we're
working hard to get these fixes reviewed, merged, tested, and into a release,
which we expect will come early next week.

..m