The libevent issue (Was: Re: checking in)

Eric S. Raymond esr at thyrsus.com
Thu Nov 26 01:34:51 UTC 2015

Joel Sherrill <joel at rtems.org>:
> FWIW I am OK with disabling what requires libevent2 when it isn't available
> as long as the waf configure ends with a very clear message of what had to
> be disabled.

Yes, that is clearly the right thing.

> And hopefully, we can build a table of platforms supporting everything,
> missing X, missing y, etc. and file tickets that are referenced in
> configure output.

Hal has been agitating for a features vs. test-status matrix for a while.
I agree it would be a good idea, but I'm not well-positioned to do anything
about it myself - I don't do enough cross-platform testing. I think either Hal
or Amar will have to take the lead on this.