Tests broken...

Amar Takhar verm at darkbeer.org
Wed Nov 25 21:05:28 UTC 2015

On 2015-11-25 20:57 +0000, Mark Atwood wrote:
> #define so it may not be constant.  It wants it to be:
>
> That can't be right.  #define is done by the preprocessor, so what the compiler
> sees *is*
>   const int totalLength = 16 + 4 + 16;
>
> Hal, I suggest seting the flag in the compiler to dump the output of the
> prepropressor, and find the expression, and see if it's a constant expression
> or not.

Making the change I suggested fixed the problem.

The bottom answer here explains why we're getting the error quite nicely:

  http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3025050/error-initializer-element-is-not-constant-when-trying-to-initialize-variable-w

This is not the first time I've run into it but it is the first time it's
happened by default.

Amar.